By now, we all know that good digital marketing can be a game-changer for any business or industry. Gone are the days of traditional advertising – buckle up people, because it’s time to take a multi-prong approach and do it right.
You need to utilize numerous digital platforms to get your brand the recognition it needs. With so much competition, effective online advertising and organic marketing is absolutely necessary if you want your business to continue to grow and stay relevant. It’s critical to figure out how to establish an authentic connection with your existing customer base, how to gain new customers and increase sales while also focusing on how to retain your OG base and your newbies! Invest some time making sure you really understand what makes your target audience/market tick.
All humans (ie consumers) want to be informed, entertained and feel like they matter. Content matters; it can be video, audio or text or a combo of all of those, but make sure it is compelling and unique. If you can’t create unique, compelling and good content by yourself, hire an expert to generate great content for your website and social media platforms.
It’s critical to come up with a powerful content-driven digital marketing plan.
So, here are ten proven tips and techniques to help you reach your digital marketing goals:
- Connect with people. Make existing and potential customers understand what you/your product can do for them.
- Personalize your content. To differentiate your business from your competitors, create a unique customer experience.
- Use multiple platforms – websites, optimized mobile apps, social media, email and search engines.
- Use different marketing techniques – email marketing, content marketing, SEO, PPC, mobile marketing and others.
- Post different types of content – infographics, surveys, text, video, audio and more.
- Publish more frequently. At least once a week is good. Content needs to be a balance of quality and quantity to be effective
- Encourage feedback. Have a space where you ask for comments, and facilitate sharing and subscription options.
- Have wide open arms for a big reach. The more social platforms and links you utilize, the more visitors you can bring to your site.
- Create a kick-ass landing page – stand out from the crowd in a good way and convert leads or customers.
Make sure to integrate campaigns and strategies across different channels. You want a mix of social, paid, and optimized (SEO) content.